This article is an assisting guide to the HP printer owners to check, confirm, and then fix the various errors that occur in their HP printers. Mentioned below are the topic-wise errors that your HP printers may come across and the step-wise guide to resolving them.
Errors and Troubleshooting
Step 1: Ensure your HP Printer is set as the default printer
It’s mandatory for you to command your printer in the right way and to do this you need to set your HP printer as Default Printer. To do so, you may consider following the steps given:
- Press Windows+R shortcut keys on your keyboard or go to the Start menu to search and open the Run dialog box. There, type ‘control panel.’
- Now, in the Control panel, select ‘devices and printers.’
- On the next screen, right-click on the HP printer option and select the ‘Set as default printer’ option.
- You will now see a green tick under your printer icon which means your HP printer has been successfully set as a default printer.
Step 2: Update your drivers with HP Driver Easy Application
If you face any issue while printing a document or an image with your HP printer, the best you can do to resolve it is to update or reinstall the printer driver. This can be done using the steps given below:
- Press Windows+R shortcut keys on your keyboard or go to the Start menu to search and open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ is in space available and click on OK.
- The ‘Windows device manager’ opens up on your screen.
- There, double-click and expand ‘print queues.’
- Now, right-click on your printer’s name listed in this category and then click on update driver from the menu.
- Now, wait until the driver gets updated, and then follow the onscreen instruction to complete it.
Step 3: Previous print command traffic should be cleared
Sometimes your HP printer does not respond to the command to print a document due to a queue of previous print commands. This traffic of previous commands needs to be cleared for the thorough operation of your printing. This can be done using the following steps:
- On your Start menu, go to Control Panel and then to Drivers and Printers.
- Now, right-click on the HP printer icon and then click on the ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now, open the ‘printer’ menu and select ‘cancel all documents.’ This step is to cancel the previous command queue.
- Confirm by clicking on ‘Yes’. You may now begin printing afresh.
Step 4: Examine the basic connection
You may sometimes encounter a lack of response from your HP printer, in spite of the print command given by you. This may be due to the connection issue, which can be rectified using the below steps:
- Firstly, unplug the printer’s power cord, including the Power cable of a computer.
- Wait for a while and then plug the printer’s power cord back and turn on your PC.
- Lastly, perform a test print.
Step 5: Examine the hardware. Replace the replica with the original parts.